Procurement and Contract Management Training
April 10-12, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn
35 Major Taylor Blvd., Worcester, MA
Presented by: Mike Gifford, Housing Agency Procurement Assistance (HAPA)
This Procurement and Contract Management training is a must for Purchasing and Finance staff, Management staff and Property Managers! You will learn how to procure quality goods and services for the right cost, the highest quality, for timely delivery, and in compliance with applicable laws and policies. The training covers the estimating costs of goods and services, and developing criteria for analysis of proposals. You will also learn how to comply with the newest federal procurement requirements and regulations; how to use the proper procurement method and contract type; how to analyze costs to ensure that your agency gets the highest value for its contract dollar and how to assess and control the procurement performance operation and professional ethics of procurement.
Procurement and Contract Management Agenda:
Day One - 8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Introduction to HUD Handbook 7460.8 REV 2, 24 CFR 85.36, and 2 CFR 200
- Procurement Authority and Basic Administration of Procurement Function
- General Requirements
- Ethics in Public Contracting
- Small Purchase Procedures (Quotation for Small Purchases, QSP's)
- Sealed Bids (Invitation for Bids, IFB's)
Day Two - 8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Competitive Proposals (Request for Proposal, RFP's and Request for Quotation, RFQ's)
- Non-competitive Proposals
- Specifications and Statements of Work
- Miscellaneous Requirements
- Contract Administration
Day Three - 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- HUD Review Requirements
- State and Local Laws and Regulations governing PHA procurement
- Cooperative Business Relationships
- Employment and Training Opportunities and Contracting with Residents, Resident-Owned, Small, Minority, and Other Disadvantaged Businesses
- Public/Private Partnerships, HOPE VI, Mixed finance Development and Bond Financing
- Utility Purchasing, Energy Conservation Loans, and Energy Performance Contracting
$550 for Members!
(Non-Member fee $750)
Registration Fee includes:
- 2.5 day training & materials
- 3 Continental breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
Pay online with PayPal or credit card.
Hilton Garden Inn
35 Major Taylor Blvd.
Worcester, MA 02608
Room Rate: $139 per night Group Name: NERC NAHRO
Deadline: March 17, 2017